Dubuque MSA Population
- Data provided by the Greater Dubuque Development Corporation, June 2020 -
Establishing a common set of data points and community indicators helps us track progress related to each of Imagine Dubuque's 7 plan categories, 32 subcategories, and 110 recommendations. Extensive data beyond these indicators is being collected internally, and over time indicators by category may change and/ or be expanded upon.
Continue to diversify Dubuque’s economy
Develop a ‘hyper-local’ approach to diverse talent attraction/development
Strengthen start-up businesses and entrepreneurial programming
Promote economic resiliency
Despite the challenges of covid, employment recommendations are underway. GDDC is connecting businesses to emergency funding, safety guidance, unemployment resources, and assistance. Community partners are collecting metrics to assist with charting success. More information on related community efforts, startup metrics, entrepreneurship programming, and data is being sought.
- Cottingham & Butler and Heartland Financial USA purchased the Roshek Building with plans to invest an additional $2.85 million and collectively committed to creating 32 full-time jobs.
- Progressive Processing, a subsidiary of Hormel Foods, announced a $13 million plan to expand their facility and add 58 new jobs.
- Walter Development (HODGE) leased their existing space at Chavenelle Road to Duluth Trading Company and Crown Holdings, two new employers to Dubuque who have pledged to add a collective 116 jobs.
- In nurturing young leaders, Greater Dubuque remains engaged with the Future Leadership Team to explore issues and best practices in business and industry, community, non-profits, and education.
- Workforce Solutions team and AccessDubuqueJobs are creating events to connect employers and college graduates.
- Iowa Workforce Development
Identify markets and sites for new homes
Foster development of new and additional housing products
Continue work of Inclusive Dubuque to enhance economic resiliency
STATUS: GETTING STARTED
Certain housing programs and projects have been affected due to covid and resulting economic challenges. Additional efforts and stepped-up programs are underway focused on housing assistance and rental relief. Do you know of projects that are advancing housing recommendations? Click the email button below to share information.
Enhance broadband service to align with business/employment growth
Strengthen Dubuque as a regional retail destination
STATUS: PARTIALLY UNDERWAY
Business recommendations related to broadband are underway. Conduit and fiber have been installed throughout Dubuque to increase access and capacity to high-speed internet service. However, covid has presented broadband challenges, demands and inequities, while impacting the travel and retail economy.