economic prosperity DASHBOARD
Economic Prosperity includes a total of nine (9) recommendations across three (3) sub-categories: Employment, Housing, and Business. The bar chart below highlights the status of the 9 recommendations. For more detail on the status of specific recommendations, please scroll down to the Recommendation Tracker. Status information will be updated periodically to reflect the work of our community partners, coordinators and champions who are tracking updates.
Complete / Ongoing
- Data Will be Updated Bi-Annually to Align with Council Reports -
► Continue to diversify Dubuque’s economy
► Develop a ‘hyper-local’ approach to diverse talent attraction/development
► Strengthen start-up businesses and entrepreneurial programming
► Continue work of Inclusive Dubuque / enhance economic resilience
Despite the challenges of covid, employment recommendations are underway. GDDC is connecting businesses to emergency funding, safety guidance, unemployment resources, and assistance. Community partners are collecting metrics to assist with charting success. More information on related community efforts, startup metrics, entrepreneurship programming, and data is being sought.
Continue to diversify Dubuque’s economy
- ► Status: Underway
- Cottingham & Butler and Heartland Financial USA purchased the Roshek Building with plans to invest an additional $2.85 million and collectively committed to creating 32 full-time jobs.
- Progressive Processing, a subsidiary of Hormel Foods, announced a $13 million plan to expand their facility and add 58 new jobs.
- Walter Development (HODGE) leased their existing space at Chavenelle Road to Duluth Trading Company and Crown Holdings, two new employers to Dubuque who have pledged to add a collective 116 jobs.
Develop a ‘hyper-local’ approach to diverse talent attraction/development
- ► Status: Needs Resources
- Workforce Solutions team and AccessDubuqueJobs are creating events to connect employers and college graduates.
Strengthen start-up businesses and entrepreneurial programming
- ► Status: Getting Started
- In nurturing young leaders, Greater Dubuque remains engaged with the Future Leadership Team to explore issues and best practices in business and industry, community, non-profits, and education.
Continue work of Inclusive Dubuque / enhance economic resilience
- ► Status: Ongoing
- Insert statement